Question about Tape holes

Hey guys,

do you prefer to ride with screw holes in the tape or without?
Do you have any other preferences with grip jobs etc.?

For me it makes a big difference. Probably placebo effect but who knows?

I know this question is pretty random but I’m curious and wanted to show some activity here in the forum :smiley:

I have a couple setups where I taped over the holes… but 99.9% of the time, I always try to make the volt holes perfect, because I switch setups too often

I can only ride with a sheet of foam tape with screw holes. Skate grip cuts my fingers and I cant stand grip gaps.

Haha, I dislike grip gaps too. I don’t get how people can ride with them.

I also dislike real griptape because it’s not that grippy actually and gets worse and worse after some time.

I used to make screw holes every time I applied tape. After a while though, I felt that I was wearing down the holes on my base plates and stopped doing it. I keep thinking I’m going to end up stripping the base plates at some point from taking them on/off every time I change tape.

I still make screw holes when setting up new decks, but if I’m reapplying tape on an already built setup - I just tape over the holes now to prevent wear on my base plates. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

I used to do tape holes until I realized I like the feeling of a solid sheet of foam better.

I still do tape holes with skate grip, it’s just the right thing to do.

Makes no difference to me

I’ve tried both and I prefer no holes

i used to ignore the screw holes but nowadays i try to keep them on all my decks.
Take a good effort to make clean holes but overall i think it does depend on the taste.

Are you from Germany?

I watched an unboxing of yours and your accent kind of sounds like German.

i am from germany yes :smiley:

Haha, interessant!. Ich auch :wink: :smiley:

I’ve found no difference in performance but I like the way my tape looks with them screw holes on it.