Making decks

Peter! I always loved your carbon fiber top plies. Have you found that it makes the boards more rigid? When I used carbon fiber before I didn’t notice a difference but I’m not sure if I was doing it correctly. I also had no idea you did all vertical plies. It shows how much time you have put in to deck making to not just listen to others advice blindly. Major props :+1:t3:

Thank you Peter and @McFiver that’s some really good info for us newbies! :kissing_heart:

I paid a friend to design and print a plastic mold for me and so far it presses decks like a champ! It can withstand lots of pressure from my vice, even when I use a hammer to get the handle to tighten just a bit more. The way he did it was really nice too, he even installed metal drill guides and alignment pins right into the mold. 3d printed molds are definitely the best way to get a good fingerboard shape without breaking the bank.

@mallory Carbon fiber makes my decks rock solid, they hardly have any flex… Maybe try thicker sheets, i always get cut offs between 0.25 and 0.3mm.

@skatemaster231 Use grease on all the parts of the vice where there is friction and a thin metal pipe to extend the lever if you want to ditch the hammer method :blush:

@Petrum In my opinion i have more strength in the board when i cross 2of 5 veeners. I tried many variations but this one was my favorite:)
lg renezeros

That is the only way you should cross plys, just to be clear.