How do you guys make your cement ramps

Hey this is guys for the guys that have homemade concrete jersey barriers and stuff.

What did you guys use to make your mold? I want to make a few cement barriers and a couple other ledge types.

Yo!
I recently started making cement fingerboard ramps and have already sold a few.
For my cement fingerboard ramps i just use different plastic cases as the mold. It works super good!

I have made a few manual pads out of a latex bread loaf mold that turned out great.

I have a manual pad I’ve made. Im trying to think of ways to make a kink ledge and a few other obstacles.

Maybe if I use Styrofoam as a mold

You can make a latex mold out of just about anything. You could for example sculpt an obstacle out of clay, cast a mold, and make it that way. If you’re good with woodworking you could make a mold out of plywood. If you come up with anything good let us know!

I like the clay idea

I’m currently trying to make a silicone mold out of a wooden brick. Still shaping the wood though. Will update.

If you know how to model up stuff in any 3d modeling software, you can get any mold printed out. Cardboard and packing tape served me well for one-time obstacles.

Anyone buy a mold from gator fingerboards? Like the ones that come with the mix too

I’ve been mulling it over. I likely will next week.

Im currently working on a clay model that ill make a latex mold out of. Ill make a full tutorial post on my process when I’m done.

tupperware boxes make for perfect curbs or manual pads or when you set up the box at an angle before you pour the concrete in you can make nice kickers or elevating curbs.
plastic packaging of any sort can be e perfect mold… keep your eyes open in the supermarket :wink:
you can also use the inside of some wooden ramps as molds. you just have to make the inside smooth. I use adhesive tape. works just fine.

I’ve bought one of the mini barrier kits to try it out. Came with the cement, plastic mold, and instructions (although pretty self explanatory lol) the also threw in an extra bag of cement for free in my box. I’ve been able to use the mold more than once, just clean it after each time