We had a similar thread going on FBHQ so I figured there should be one here. I’ll get the ball rolling with these few tips.
- Nail polish is great for painting hangers/baseplates. Just a few thin even coats and you’re set.
- Want grippy wheels but don’t have the funds for urethane ones. Gather some urethane tubing or old earbuds and use them to wrap your current wheels.
- Coat old ramps with a thin layer of concrete for a new look and feel.
- Struggling with heelflip 180s? Loosen your trucks! It’ll carry more momentum into your flips, given you some extra rotation needed to land.
- Stripped baseplates? Fill the stripped holes with some clear coat, let harden, and then tap some new threads with your mounting screws.
- Use different lead sizes when tracing decks. It’ll allow you to get different sized boards all with the same template.